Magento is the most popular eCommerce platform for many reasons among B2B and B2C type. Due to its reliability and scalability, it has advanced as a perfect solution for many eCommerce businesses.
Magento has released the Major upgrades of its next version, and here everything you can know about Magento 2.3.4 features and improvements that have been included with this upgrade.
Magento Open source, formerly known as Community Edition and Magento Commerce, formerly known as Enterprise Edition, has significant platform upgrades and security changes. Also, it is more compatible with the PSD2 – compliant core payment methods.
As per the Release Note of Magento 2.3.4 published on the Magento website, this Magento upgrade includes more than 220 functional fixes of the core product and more than 30 enhanced security updates. Magento has resolved more than 275 contributions made by its enriching community members like agencies and developers. Magento did minor core code clean-up to major performance enhancement to inventory management and GraphQL.
So, let’s get into what new features and improvements are available in Magento 2.3.4
What things Magento 2.3.4 upgrade covers:
Merchants and customers will see performance improvements as a result of these enhancements:
- Redundant non-cached requests to the server on catalog pages have been eliminated by refactoring the customer section invalidation mechanism and improving banner cache logic.
- Added the ability to disable statistic collecting for Reports module by default. A new configuration setting (System Configuration > General > Reports > General Options) allows merchants to completely or partially disable Magento Reports. (Statistics collection for the Reports module is disabled by default. Magento recommends disabling Reports functionality for performance reasons when this capability is not required.)
Magneto, with the release of this version, includes better Graph coverage for search, cart functionality, and layered navigation. It has below listed mutations,
- Ability to link and retrieve cart on different devices.
- Product tax and level discount information issue is fixed.
- Now it is easy for GraphQL users to do price rendering which can be achieved on the storefront with the improved method of returning price.
- Now users can get the category data by name, slug, or ID.
- The cart now has promotion data.
Magneto has improved more than 250 core quality fixes that will boost the quality of the framework , sales, import, PayPal, catalog, Elasticsearch, CMS, and B2B.
Merchant tool enhancements:
Magento has integrated a new bundled Adobe stock integration extension that can add videos and high-quality images to the merchant’s website.
The following improvements have been made to boost the performance of inventory management.
- A known issue involving the shopping cart has been addressed, which causes a higher load on database servers.
- Quality issues related to credit memos, grouped product, source, and stock mass actions have been resolved.
- Updated and improved the command for inventory Reservation CLI to lower the memory usage.
Live Chat powered by dotdigital enables merchants to increase conversion rates, and keep customers coming back with real-time engagement. All Magento 2.3.x merchants can receive a free live chat agent.
These expressive improvements are available with its latest version upgrade, which is Magento 2.3.4. To know what other fixes Magento has brought, read this official Magento release note for Magneto 2.3.4.
The Pre-release date is set as Jan 14, 2020, and the Public Availability Date is set as Jan 28, 2020. But Magento Commerce customers can get access before two weeks of fixed GA date for 2.3.x and 2.2.x patches. Read more about this official release note of Magento 2.3.4 for Magento Commerce.
If you want to get help from Magento experts to update your store to the latest version?