Creativity is like a muscle. It must be stretched, challenged, and occasionally pushed past its comfort.Creativity is the act of turning new and imaginative ideas into reality. Creativity is characterised by the ability to perceive the world in new ways, to find hidden patterns, to make connections between seemingly unrelated phenomena, and to generate solutions.
Following are the ways from which you can improve your creativity.
First develop curiosity in everything
Curiosity will lead you to creativity. however expertise grows as they actualize their curiosity by developing a love of learning.
Their wide interests and curiosity enable them to use ideas across divergent fields, improving upon the ideas of others, synthesizing ideas, and discovering patterns from disparate fields to come up with new ideas. Curiosity reveals new options even at dead ends and inspires a way of purpose and meaning.
Go outside and relax
We might not be ready to travel like we did before the pandemic, but we are able to still explore closer to home. Take a walk, lay on a blanket in your yard, or sit on your patio or balcony together with your beverage of choice. Don’t give some thought to your art; instead, concentrate on the planet around you. Watch the way the leaves sway within the wind. hear the birds chirping and cawing. Study the slow progression of an inchworm on your fence or watch a squirrel enjoy a nut in a very tree. Inspiration is legendary for striking after we least expect it and surrounding yourself with nature can facilitate your relaxation enough to listen to the elusive whisper of creativity when it finally stirs.
Activities to follow:
- Reading : We all love reading about stuff in our industry, and this helps in boosting creativity.If you’re lucky, it’d help with motivation or inspiration. If you would like to induce your creative juices flowing, start consuming content you would not normally consume.Read blogs outside of your industry. Read books outside of your normal genre of choice.
- Writing : Creative writing is a form of writing where creativity is at the forefront of its purpose through using imagination, creativity, and innovation in order to tell a story through strong written visuals with an emotional impact, like in poetry writing, short story writing, novel writing, and more.
- Art and Craft : art and craft improves coordination and fine motor skills even learning to write. develops imagination and encourages self-expression.makes more creative and enhances ability to innovate.
- Social Media Learning : Social media has gained incredible popularity over the past few years as an open source of information and knowledge sharing platform. We can get learning through different online platforms, certifications .
- Exercising : Exercising regularly is one of the best things you can do for your health. Soon after you start exercising, you’ll begin to see and feel the benefits that physical activity can have on your body and well-being.However, working exercise into your routine takes a lot of determination, and sticking to it in the long term requires discipline.
Pick a terrible idea
stay away from whatever idea you are stuck on for some minutes. what’s the most useless idea you will be able to imagine. make a list of the worst ideas you can dream off. so to boost your creativity you need a terrible idea.it sparks something you can transfer over to your excellent idea.
Following are some top creative thinking skills
Ask For Advice or Feedback
Sometimes you are too anxious about the problem to work out to create a creative solution all by yourself. asking for help isn’t an indication of weakness. invite help and advice from friends, peers, and other people from your personal network that you just trust and respect. Every body includes a unique skill set, experience, and knowledge. a fresh outside perspective, or three, or five, could also be just what you would like. even if you do not use their advice, it’s going to motivate you, which will get you where you would like to travel.