In this blog, you will know about the configuration of the Table Rate shipping method in Magento 2. Let see how to configure :
1. Expand the Table Rate Shipping section and navigate to Stores > Configuration > Sales > Shipping Methods > Table Rate.
2. Once the above window opens, you need to fill in all the fields before applying them to your store.
1. Default Settings :
- Set ‘YES’ to enable a Table rate.
- Enter Title for the Table Rate Shipping Method.
- Provide a name to describe the shipping method in the Method Name field.
- Set the Condition to calculate the table rate shipping charge. We have three options: Weight vs. Destination, Price vs. Destination, and # of Item vs. Destination.
- Enable the ‘Include Virtual Products in Price Calculation’ if virtual products are included in the Table Rate price calculations.
- Calculate Handling Fee: If you want to apply some additional charges, set it to Fixed or Percent, and then enter the amount in Handling Fee field.
- Display Error Message: Enter the customized error message to be displayed in the frontend.
- Ship to Applicable Countries: Determines the countries where you offer Table Rate Shipping. We have two options here: All Allowed Countries: By selecting this option, free shipping is available for every country. Specific Countries: Choose the country to which the Free Shipping is supported.
- Show Method if Not Applicable: Determines if Flat Rate appears as an option during checkout if the method does not apply to purchase. 10. Set the position of table rate shipping options in Sort Order.
- Click on the Save Config button to save the Table Rate shipping method.
2. Build Table Rate Data :
- On the top-left corner, select the Store View where the configuration is active. We can choose the “Main website” or any website that we need.
- A pop-up will open in front of you. Read the message carefully, click OK, and move ahead.
- There will be two new options Import and Export that will appear in the Table Rate Shipping section. To change any of the current settings, you must first clear the “Use Default” checkbox next to the field.
- Tap Export CSV.
- Open the file in a spreadsheet and complete the table with the appropriate values for the shipping calculation condition.
- Save the updated CSV file on your system after completing it.
3. Import Table Rate Data :
- Now, Go back to the Table Rate Shipping section in Magento2.
- Import the updated tablerates.csv file by clicking the Choose File button and then upload the file from your system.
- Click on Save Config to complete the Table Rate Shipping method.
If you have any issue in this configuration please mention in the comment section below.