Adobe released the Magento 2.4.4 latest version On April 12, 2022. The newest Magento 2 version comes up with lots of major upgrades, 250 quality fixes, and enhancements which will make online shopping extremely easy by providing an amazing on-site shopping experience to your customer at the Magento 2 eCommerce store.
Major Aspects(Highlights) of Magento 2.4.4 Release:
This release includes one security fix and platform security improvements.
- Added reCAPTCHA support to coupon codes.
- Swagger is now disabled by default when Magento Open Source is in production mode.
- The dependency confusion plugin is now required for all Magento Open Source installations.
- The Use Secure URLs are enabled by default for Storefront and Admin.
- OAuth access tokens and password reset tokens are now encrypted when stored in the database.
- Session IDs are no longer stored in the database.
- Integration tokens can no longer be used for API Bearer token authentication
Magento Open Source 2.4.4 now supports PHP 8.1. All project libraries and dependencies have been updated for compatibility with PHP 8.1.
- With this latest release Magento Open Source, 2.4.4 supports Elasticsearch 7.16 and OpenSearch 1.2.
- This release has removed TinyMCE 4 from the codebase and supports TinyMCE 5.8.1.
- Laminas dependencies have been upgraded to the latest versions that are compatible with PHP 8.1.
- PHPUnit has been upgraded to the latest version (9.5.x). Tests and test frameworks have been updated to be compatible with the new version.
This release includes these GraphQL enhancements:
- Performance improvements: The performance of GraphQL cart operations and Storefront performance has improved.
- The performance of GraphQL cart operations and Storefront performance has improved.
- Fixed translation issues in GraphQL with multi-site and multi-language stores.
- New storefront-related Admin configuration settings.
- Updated core GraphQL library.
PayPal Payment Enhancements:
- Support to the Venmo payment option
- Pay Later has been added as an option for shoppers based on the shopper’s location, not the merchant’s location.
- Merchants can now set the shopper country when testing the shopper experience in their country of choice. Previously, tests were limited to testing only for the country in which the merchant is located. This change is valid in sandbox mode only.
- Messaging on the checkout page now displays accurate messaging on how much and in how many increments shoppers will be expected to pay when using Pay Later.
All vendor-bundled extensions have been removed from the Magento Open Source 2.4.4 code base.
Merchants should migrate to the official extensions, which are available on the Commerce Marketplace:
- Amazon Pay
Magento 2.4.4 Release Notes:
Let’s upgrade your Magento eCommerce store to the latest Magento 2 version and give a flawless and amazing shopping experience on your Magento 2 Store.
If you want to get help from Magento experts to update your store to the latest version? Webiators can Upgrade your Magento Store Successfully with the help of our Magento 2 upgrade service!